The Australian Sugar Cane Railway takes you on a 2km circuit through the Bundaberg Botanic Gardens.
The journey takes you across several bridges, past several ponds, through the heart of our locomotive workshop and past other attractions such as Café 1928, Hinkler house, the Hinkler hall of aviation, Fairymead house as well as the Chinese gardens.
We are disability friendly and wheelchair accessible (we have an approved access ramp for placing wheelchairs or mobility scooters into carriages).
Tickets are available for purchase from our ticket window at the station platform.
School aged children $2 (under 5’s free)
Family $14 (2 adults and 2 or more school age children)
**WE DO NOT HAVE EFTPOS**
PLEASE CHECK OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR A LIST OF RUNNING DAYS.
During the QLD school term our trains run on Sundays and most public holidays from 10am to 3.30pm (last train).
During QLD school holidays our trains run on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am to 3.30pm (last train).
* Sunday and Wednesday trains are usually run with a steam loco
* Tuesday and Friday trains are usually run with the diesel loco “Valdora”,
Our Steam or Diesel trains are also available for private hire for functions such as school excursions, weddings, birthdays, groups, clubs and other private events.
Private hire allows your guests to have exclusive use of the train for the time that you have the train hired for.
Please Contact Us for further information.
* Phone: 07 4152 6609 (10 am to 3.30pm on running days or leave a message)
* Call in at our workshop on Monday or Thursday mornings
* Ask for a private hire form at our station on running days
* Post a request to: The Secretary, PO Box 7209, Bundaberg North, Qld 4670